With all the negativity and ugliness in the news, a story like this deserves attention...but will likely not get as much as the article next to it about U.S. interrogation at Gitmo. So I thought I'd post it here.
I often rant about people who have near unlimited resources doing very little to help the world around them. I have seen first-hand what just a few caring and generous people can do in a small community and I know the benefit to the world could be exponential if everyone would take a cue from the individuals discussed in the following article. We don't need more cars, gold grillz on our teeth, shoes and purses that cost as much as new car, or ten million dollar houses on every continent. We need to think about humanity and the future of the world we will leave to our children. Every little bit helps. It really does. And that is what makes these people great...and what makes every person who gives of themselves a true hero.
From Newsweek: 15 People Who Make America Great
With this issue, we launch our "Giving Back Awards" in recognition of people who, through bravery or generosity, genius or passion, devote themselves to helping others. From hundreds of nominations, these folks were chosen for imaginative approaches to difficult problems. We hope they remind you of someone -- maybe yourself.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13530551/site/newsweek/from/ET/
No comments:
Post a Comment