I don't think I really have anything to say today...just hadn't posted anything in a while and was feeling a wee bit lost in cyberspace.
June is always an interesting month...lots of high school reunions and lots of weddings. Basically too many occasions to see people you have not seen in years and several unnecessary opportunities to hone your "forced small-talk" skills.
Its also a month in which most women I know start talking about their "weight" and how they need to lose some or all of it. The amount of time spent obsessing about this is directly proportional to the number of afore-mentioned weddings or reunions on their summer calendars.
While I understand this phenomena and have taken part in several weight loss oaths in previous Junes...it still baffles me that so very many of us are unhappy with the way we look. Funny thing is...I am sure if I was actually going to attend my 10th reunion in two weeks, I would probably find a room full of women who look just like me. NORMAL. If we could all just get over ourselves for a few minutes and let go of the need to be "perfect" we might just have a good time. But...since the chances of that happening are miniscule at best...I'll be in San Antonio that weekend with my best friend in the world drinking margaritas and eating my body weight in chips and salsa.
Here is to the class of 95! Maybe I'll see ya in 2010.
2 comments:
Please tell me that class of 95 was a typo and you meant 90 or 91? Please?
Sorry Shell-o its really 1995. Feeling old? lol!!
Post a Comment